Carolina Blinds and child safety
Child safety with blinds is of prime importance
Over the past few years there have been a number of preventable accidents and fatalities involving young children, caused by free hanging window blind cords.
We are sure you will agree that safety is of prime importance particularly where young children are concerned. At Carolina Blinds we are totally dedicated to creating a safe environment for your children. To help prevent future incidents every blind we supply will come with a safety device.
Child Safe Blinds provide a simple solution, which can be fitted in minutes and do not require replacing your existing window blinds.
Child safety precautions to take
- Keep furniture a safe distance from windows to prevent children from climbing up to window area
- Chains on the bottom of vertical blinds can also pose a danger to children and pets
- Don't allow any cords to hang near a child's cot or bed
- Do not place a child's cot, bed, playpen or highchair near a window
- Install blinds that do not have a cord, particularly in a child's bedroom
- Pull cords on curtains and blinds should be kept short and kept out of reach
- Do not hang toys or objects that could be a hazard on the cot or bed
Carolina Blinds will make existing blinds in your home child-safe free of charge.
For free advice on child safety products please call Carolina Blinds on 0800 0850935